Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why does my 96 Seadoo shut down when I come off cruise speed?

After a while, it will make a beeping sound and it's ready to go again. Gas and oil appear to be OK.|||I`ve come across this problem a few times at the dealership I work at, shuts down and then beeps twice at you. the 2 beeps indicate you just put the key/lanyard on and it`s the correct key.check the battery cables, when they are loose and loose contact it`s like pulling the lanyard off, and when they make contact again you get the 2 beeps like you reinstalled the key. I`ve seen it a bunch of times... check the battery.|||what...I understand question no...sorry english? what is Seadoo?|||RIGHT B 4 IT SHUTS DOWN ON U...IF ITS HEATIN UP ON YU-THE BUZZER OR BEEPER WOULD GO OFF,,THEY R WARNING UNITS-YU MAY WANNA CHECK YOUR INTAKE PORTS[WHERE THE WATER GOES IN ]-MABEY THERE PARTIALY STOPED UP-IF NOT ,AND THERE OK...POSSIBLE IGNITION PROBLEM-BUT ID CHEC AROUND THE COOLIN SYSTEM FIRST.|||I got the same problem with my 96 sea doo. Mine will actually lock up for some reason and not start again until I grasp the drive shaft with a pipe wrench and turn it clockwise until it spins free. It happens often. I carry a 8 inch pipe wrench in the tool canister. Mechanic wants to think it has some play in the pump end causing it to lock up. n5vhf_gene@yahoo.com


Yours sounds like a faulty oil sensor in the oil tank. It must shut down the engine thinking its out of oil and then start to beep as it determines its just low and then will start again after it determines all is ok.


Hope some of this helps|||Count the beeps and check the manual. The number of beeps indicates the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment