Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have a 96 seadoo gsx and the spark plugs will not fire. I replaced the ignition coil, what else should i try?

I took battery out to charge and friend put it back in and kooked ground wire from ignition coil to positive battery post and fried the coil. what else do i need to check?I have a 96 seadoo gsx and the spark plugs will not fire. I replaced the ignition coil, what else should i try?
bad siuation for you. the electrical should have had a fuse for the start system and i'd expect it blew. I would start by finding the fuse panel or any and all fuses and test them for power. replace any that dont work. the ignition switch may have been damaged if it managed to get that far. I would say the ground is likely working if your able to crank the motor over. my guess is there is a burned out connection at the ignition switch and it feeds the coil or the electronic spark system.

No comments:

Post a Comment