Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where can I rent a self-drive speedboat/rib/seadoo for a year on the south coast of the UK?

how much would it cost? What sort of mooring costs are there in southsea marina. Do you need insurance or a licence? Any other considerations?



CheersWhere can I rent a self-drive speedboat/rib/seadoo for a year on the south coast of the UK?
I used to keep my yacht in Southsea marina. But for a small speedboat, rib or seadoo you are much better keeping it on a trailer, dry. Southsea marina is locked in by a tidal gate so nobody can get in or out at low water. A small boat can be launched and retrieved from a ramp at any stage of tide. I do not think you will be able to rent one for a year and you will be better off buying one secondhand and trying to resell after the year. In some restricted coastal waters you need a license but not out at sea although you need insurance, not so much for yourself but third party risks as if you cause an incident at sea the claim quickly gets very big and if you have no experience then you will find that rather expensiveWhere can I rent a self-drive speedboat/rib/seadoo for a year on the south coast of the UK?
You want to rent one for a whole year! It would probably work out cheaper to just go out and buy one.Where can I rent a self-drive speedboat/rib/seadoo for a year on the south coast of the UK?
I agree with first answer. Also see if you can poss ably trail it away from coast moorings as they are very expensive. My boat is well inland and it costs me 拢1400 a year to tie it up. Of course you will encounter slipping fees put there are places that have public launching ramps. No licence is required on sea but if you use it inland insurance and boat licence is required. For your own personal protection you should take insurance on the sea.
  • miata
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment