Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why doesnt my 1995 seadoo xp jet skie start up??

I have a 1995 Seadoo xp jet skie. It seems like the gas/fuel

doesnt go directly to the carburetor. My jet skie only starts up if I put the Carburetor cleaner and it only starts up for a couple of

minutes then it just turns off and doesnt want to turn back on

what should I do????Why doesnt my 1995 seadoo xp jet skie start up??
Look for a fuel cutoff valve. Sounds like you've traced the problem correctly. It's definitely the fuel. So now either the gas tank is empty or you have a blockage in the fuel line into the carburetor. Try removing the fuel line and see if anything comes out. Try blowing back through into the gas tank. I'm pretty sure you won't have a fuel pump. The website below seems to specify a diaphragm type carburetor for the earlier years of the seadoos which means that the diaphragm will generate a vacuum to draw in the fuel. You can also try holding a finger over the input to the carb and cranking the engine to see if any suction is being developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment