Sunday, January 1, 2012

How do I get gas out of my oil tank in SeaDoo?

My wife took our SeaDoo and accidently put gas in the oil reservoir. It has not been started but she said she put at least 3 gallons in there. How in the world do I drain it? Can anyone walk me through it? It is a 2001 Sea Doo RX|||I'm sure your "wife" is sorry. I'm just kidding, she's surly not the first person to do it. First i doubt she put 3 gallons in there. It only has 1.6 gallon capacity. Anyway, drain the oil with a simple siphon. Get out as much as you can. then fill it up with oil. Because the gas is thinner then the oil it should have no problem just being injected with the oil(as long as it's not too much). Just go ahead and run it, once everything is out you will be fine. good luck|||I agree with above listing. However any time it is questionable about the age or quality of the oil. I always add a 1 to 3 oz per gallon of gas of oil. The premix is an added level of safety. It may smoke a little more but when its smoking its lubricating. The worst that happens is you may have to clean the plugs after the tank is ready for a fill up.|||Gonna have to pump it out.





I use what is called and Oil Boy to change oil.





It is a hand pump with 6 quart reservoir. Place one end in the tank and pump away.

No comments:

Post a Comment